Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Labels & Stigmas against Disabled

I hate it when people are treating us less than.
Like we can't accomplish anything
Like we won't (or can't) be able to make anything of ourselves.
Stereotypes are so wrong in so many ways.

We are people too
We have hopes 'n' dreams
just like everyone else.
It's sad that people just assume we are helpless invalids
Wish they would get to know us before they judge us
(haha, only judges judge, know what I mean?-it's there job to)
We are not weak or incapable of doin whatever

Reading a mental health website (http://www.walkinourshoes.org), I found that I may have some mental issues. I have anxiety issues, which according to the website says I have panic attacks. I used to have panic attacks. I had depression, though I have good days and some bad. I have an eating disorder, not a bad one, but still. I don't the deadly eating disorders, but I have the extreme overeating disorder, but what can I say? I love food, but too much of a good thing ain't all good, right? Anyways, I do feel bad after eating so much, not guilt or shame but more like bloated. I love junk food, but I guess everything's in moderation, right?
Extreme overeating could lead to a whole slew of health problems, including obesity, cancer, diabetes, and depression amongst others.

Respect us
Don't disregard us
Don't prejudge us
Don't assume the worst in us
We have good values
We are who we are

No comments:

Post a Comment