Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Holidays-Gotta Love 'Em!

Where should we begin?
There is Presidents' Day, celebrating both Lincoln & Washington's birthdays.
Then there's Valentine's Day, which is just another commericalized holiday,, (which include Christmas & Thanksgiving-the mainstream media want you to spend, spend, spend). People can buy flowers/candy or just simply write a poem any day of the year; it doesn't have to be Valentine's Day. Why does it have to be
V-Day of all days? 'Cause it's romantic. It's not romantic when some mainstream media tells you to buy such-and-such on such-and-such a day.
Then there's Chinese New Year. This year's the Year of the Tiger. As a Chinese-American, I can't hardly wait for the festivities to start! I wonder who'll be chosen for this year's Miss Chinatown... Little wonder, huh? When they finally, and I do mean finally choose the Miss Chinatown of San Francisco, natch, they'll have the Chinese New Year Parade! I can't wait!
All of these holidays, this year, happen to fall on the same day.
And also, even though the Winter Olympics isn't a holiday, it is happening around the same time (Opening Ceremony Feb 12)
On an unrelated note, the Expo is coming to Shanghai in October; I've haven't been since '87. I wanna go.
Enjoy the rest of the winter! I, for one, will surely, without a doubt, will! ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment