Saturday, May 29, 2010

RIP Dennis Hopper

A legend has died one day apart from yet another actor (Gary Coleman). Although I myself have never watched any-I mean any- of his movies, I heard, ok, more like read, that he was a rebel as a young man. His role model was James Dean. He wanted to be a rebel like James Dean, may be rest in peace. When he became to 'difficult' to work w/ he turned to directing. Then when that didn't work out, he returned to acting, acquiring a few prizes along the way. But it was a smooth road to success. It had its rough patches. I mean, he attempted suicide a couple of times, then was sent to rehab. He returned to acting. Didn't direct for at least 18 years. Was an art collector. Last public appearance was when he went to get his Hollywood Walk of Fame. It's great that he got his star on his Hollywood Walk of Fame before his passing. He deserved it after all his struggles and hard work, he was recognized before his death. What a sendoff! He died from advanced prostrate cancer at 74, so he must have lived a happy, fulfilling life since he got a big family with kids and grandkids and all that. Also his fans'll missed him dearly. My heart'll go out to his family and friends and most of all, his fans. My condolences. God bless his soul. : (
XOXO ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment