Saturday, June 5, 2010

Hip-Hop Artists

I've noticed something from listening and watching their videos to Hip-Hop a lot lately-mostly Cash Money Records- is that they're pretty cocky. They announce who they are, and if they are part of Cash Money, they say it somewhere in their songs, mostly in the beginning or ending. I guess they want to give credit where credit is due. They think life is just handed to 'em, which is half right. Don;t they need to work hard to maintain success? 'Nuff 'bout 'em their cocky at their best, but at their worst they swear... but they don't lots of people do that nowadays? I like ole school hip-hop better, where there wasn't no swearing. At least it some sort of meaning. Nowadays, hip-hop has lost all its meaning.
If it wasn't for Drake....
Speaking of Drake, I hate hip-hop music w/ explicit content no matter how cute the guy is or how sexy he sounds. I do not in any form, type, manner dislike profanity cause it bugs me.  Drake is cute and he has a sexy voice, but when it comes down to it, I hate his language. His swearing gets to me, no matter how cute or sexy he sounds. I tend to shy away from music that makes me feel bad about myself, and listening to music w/ explicit content tend to make me feel bad about myself even though it's not talking about me. I guess, m' dears, I'm in a love-hate relationship w/ Drake.

Peace ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment