Saturday, March 5, 2011

Budget Cuts Redux

Call me a cynic, but I don't know what all the rallying and such will help. The gov't won't listen to us 'little people.' All the shouting and screaming-the Arc & other demonstraters called it rallying-wouldn't help in the slightest b/c they'll (the gov't) damn well cut the budget. What good would it do?
Maybe I'm not a cynic, I'm a realist 'cuz face it, the economy is in bad shape-the worst shape we've seen since the Depression in 30s. Gas prices are going up-all the way to $5! Can you believe it?! Wish we can go back to the olden days when gas were $1.
But I digress...
Even though I understand why the gov't need to cut the budget, do they need to cut the budget at the expense of the disabled? We need our day programs-it's just like an adult school, a place to learn and make new friends. Do they cut the public school system? No. Then why cut the services for our disabled citizens? I tell you, this breaucracy system is totally unfair,  unjust, and uncalled for. They think just cuz we're disabled we can be taken full advantage of. So not fair. But I guess this is how the system works. Wish there was a way to break thru the red tape to demand rights for us disabled folks.

Power to Advocates (within CAC)!

1 comment:

  1. That's why you rally and advocate! To let the government know that you do have a voice and that they can't take advantage of you. Keep fighting! The Arc chapter here in Santa Barbara had a rally a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete